Are you caught in a push-pull of wanting to be slim, but not wanting to deprive yourself of your comfort foods? If so, are you thinking that you have to give up everything you love to eat to lose weight and keep it off? And why is it that people equate tasteless foods with healthy foods, and unappealing foods to weight loss? Can’t we literally have our cake and eat it too?
I believe we can. If we allow ourselves to eat what we want, we avoid fighting ourselves and feeling defeated when we give in to those cravings. However, there’s another side to the story. I would not encourage a diabetic to binge on cake on cookies. Why keep doing something that endangers your health?
The key is awareness. What are you telling yourself that keeps your defeated? From my work with people, I find that limiting beliefs fall into these basic patterns:
- I can only get comfort from food
- I have to give up everything I love to eat to be slim
- It’s too much work to pay attention to what I’m eating
- I feel deprived without my food
Now’s the time to do some detective work. Here are some things you can do to go beyond food, which is not really the issue. Ask yourself:
- What else can I do to comfort myself?
- What do I really feel deprived of that I want in my life?
- Can I really pay attention while I’m eating so I stop when I’m satisfied?
- What do I never feel satisfied about?
- What emotions am I experiencing when I have these uncontrollable cravings?
- What voice in my head is telling me I am not allowed to have certain foods that I really want?
These questions don’t necessarily yield quick and easy answers, so be persistent in paying attention. The more inner awareness you gain, the more naturally you can make dynamic change from the inside out.
Are you willing to do something to reach your goals? If you are ready to make 2018 your year to succeed, call me at 317-445-4203 to set up a free consultation or single session starter. We will work out a success plan that meets your unique needs for weight loss and improved health.
Carol Crenshaw is a Weight Loss and EFT Expert, helping hundreds of people weed through all the weight loss myths and providing healthy, fast and freeing weight loss solutions.To find out more about Carol and the weight loss programs she offers, go to www.MakingWeightLossEasy.com Both group and private sessions are available.