Mindfulness is a great way to lose weight. The more attention you pay to your body, breath, thoughts, emotions, feelings, memories, images, etc. the easier it is to gain mastery over your actions.
With that in mind, here’s a breathing experiment to try out. Whenever you have a desire to eat something that you know you don’t need to eat, stop and do the following:
- Check how many times you are breathing in one minute
- Check the intensity level of your craving (SUD level) from 1-10
- Take 2-3 minutes to slow down your breathing, always staying within your comfortable capacity so you don’t strain
- Recheck to see how many times a minute you are breathing
- Recheck your SUD level for the craving
- See if you can more easily manage to pass on eating whatever it is you were going to eat, now that you are breathing more slowly
- Keep a log and see whether or not slower breathing allows you to control food cravings.
- Please respond to this blog. It will help me test my theory, and also help other people if my theory is correct.
If you are ready to make 2018 your year to succeed, call me at 317-445-4203 to set up a free consultation or single session starter. We will work out a success plan that meets your unique needs for weight loss and improved health.
Carol Crenshaw is a Weight Loss and EFT Expert, helping hundreds of people weed through all the weight loss myths and providing healthy, fast and freeing weight loss solutions.To find out more about Carol and the weight loss programs she offers, go to www.MakingWeightLossEasy.com Both group and private sessions are available.